bug in bash?

I'm using bash 2.0 from the base installation. I notices that if the line
that I type exceeds the wide of the screen, instead of going down to the
next line, it goes to the start of the same line, thus obliterating the
prompt and whatever I had typed.

This occurs in Xterm as well. Bash 1.4 and other shells on my sytem didn't
have this problem. Is this corrected in Bash 2.01 or am I doing somethign
wrong?

BG