IRQTune Problem

When trying to start IRQTune, I get the following message:
irqtune: setting system IRQ priority to 3/14 (Note: this was as expected)
irqtune: insmod failed on `/usr/lib/hwtools/irqtune_mod.o`

Trying to load this module manually gave me:
./irqtune_mod.o: couldn't find the kernel version the module was compile
for

HwTools Version: 0.2-5
Debian Version: 1.3.0
Kernel Version: 2.0.30

Any ideas on what I can try?  I've got some real problems on my 16450 UART
running PPP - many errors.  I'd really like to try IRQTune to see if it
helps.

TIA for any help,

Kevin Traas
Systems Analyst