Xwindows

I'm trying to install the Debian Xwindows package for the
first time on my computer.  I installed Xbase first, then installed
Xserver-SVGA in a separate dselect session.  When Xwindows starts I get
a Xwindow screen with the default xterm window.  In attempting to trace
the Xwindow initialization process I found that initrc is linked to
/etc/X11/Xsession , but the file /etc/X11/Xsession does not exist!  I
have tried removing and then reloading Xbase a couple of times, but
still no Xsession file.  Am I looking for it in the wrong package?  Or
maybe this isn't the problem, and I'm barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks in advance!

Jess Stryker