kernel panic fs?

Hi

I own an 386 with 4MB of ram, I want to do my best about solve the problem.
at other day, I installed Debian linux on my hard disk with DOS partition as
well. it takes a few mins but what happened.. I am beginner of new linux.

RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0.

VFS: Cannot open root device 03:42.

Kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03.41.

What does that mean? I dont understand that

I use loadlin 1.6 with zimage. any idea?

help me?

Kam

cheers.