Re: I just can't get 1.3 to work using dselect....

Hi Tony,

there we got it! Some of your library links are trashed. (ldconfig
manages all shared libraries on your system and says that it can't find
neither the main C library nor the math library.)

Probably the fix is pretty simple: Login as root, delete the dangling
links /usr/lib/libc.so and /usr/lib/libm.so. Then create new ones
pointing to the available library files:

/usr/lib/libc.so --> /lib/libc.so.5.4.33
/usr/lib/libm.so --> /lib/libm.so.5.0.9

In case rm and ln do not work (because of the missing links) you have to
boot from the rescue disk, mount your /usr system and make the links.

Regards,

	Andree
--
                     | Institute of Geophysics   phone: +49 40 4123 4389
 ANDREE LEIDENFROST  | University of Hamburg       fax: +49 40 4123 5441
    Geophysicist     | Bundesstrasse 55      e-mail: leidenfrost@dkrz.de