Re: "Too many open files": ulimits

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997 Martin.Bialasinski@uni-koeln.de wrote:

> Take a look at /etc/lshell.conf

Oh, that's it, thanks!

Now one question... I have fortunes installed and fortunes-mod. With this
setup if one types "fortune" it will try to open 74 files! (The fortunes
and the .dat files plus stdio et al) I know this is not normal, but
anyway, isn't 24 files a little bit low (24 is the default in lshell.conf)

BTW, I modified the profile to open a single (user selectable) file (a lot
of users here like cookies and the rest doesn't mind...)

Thanks a lot to all of you who responded. And yes, I'll look closely to
what I'm installing.

				Marcelo Magallon