Re: Anyone available that I can call???

I'm sorry to have missed the front of this thread.

First, the version in stable is correct. The fact that an older version is
in unstable is a minor problem with the archive management.

Second, this version was tested on a "fresh" install by myself and at
least one other tester, with no problems, so I am confused as to why/how
this problem got started.

Aside from complaining about the older version, does the package install?

Sorry if I'm asking for a previous explanation...

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Colin R. Telmer wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Jul 1997 bigt@ourtownusa.com wrote:
>
> > I try to install the file libc5_5.4.33-3.deb using dpkg and I get a
> > message that says version 4.23-6 is already installed.
>
> I am sorry as I really don't know how to solve your problem but the one
> strange thing I have noticed is that the package you are trying to install
> is libc5_5.4.33-3.deb but then dpkg turns around and says the older
> version 4.23-6 is installed. The reason I mention this is that I saw
> another post that stated that 4.23-4 is in unstable whereas 4.33-3 is in
> stable. There may be a temporary mix up on the archive site that may cause
> the problem although I don't know if this would cause it. Anyway,
> hopefully fuelling the discussion will get other more knowledgable users
> involved. Cheers.
>
> --
> 	  Colin R. Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
> 		School of Policy Studies, Queen's University
> 		     Kingston, Ontario, Canada, K7L-3N6
> 	      (613)545-6000x4219   telmerco@qed.econ.queensu.ca
> 	   PGP Public Key at <URL:http://terrapin.econ.queensu.ca>
>

> --