Can dpkg Repair Damaged Packages?

Hi,

A client had a terrible disk problem on their /usr partition resulting
in a number of hosed files (e.g., /usr/include/ctype.h was now a
HOWTO.)

Is there a way to tell the system to check all files belonging to all
packages and tell me which are damaged?  If it could then reinstall
those packages that would be great.  I reinstalled all packages I
noticed had corrupt files, but I'm sure I missed some.

Such functionality would be useful.

--
Pete Harlan
pete@mymenus.com