Re: rxvt ignores x resource settings?

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Joey Hess wrote:

> If I add these settings to my resources, rxvt should appear in reverse video
> with no scrollbar... but it seems to compltely ignore the resources. If I
> specify them on the command line (rxvt -background black -foreground white
> +sb), it works ok. Why? (rxvt version: 2.20-4)

I had this problem a while ago and figured out a hack for it (although
this is weird) for an old version of rxvt. If I put a symlink in my home
directory as follows, it reads the resources fine:

.Xdefaults -> .Xresources

However, strangely enough, I removed this symlink yesterday and it seemed
to like .Xresources. The version I am running currently is also 2.20-4. So
Iam really not offering a solution unfortunately, but it may help in the
interim. Cheers.

--
	  Colin R. Telmer, Institute of Intergovernmental Relations
		School of Policy Studies, Queen's University