Athena95 replacment pointers gone with 1.2->1.3

One thing I noticed with a new install, and an ungrade to from 1.2 to 1.3,
is that under X the pointer function changed with the aw95 replacment lib.

When I installed this in 1.2 I used to be able to go over a scroll bar
(for instance xterm) and grab it with a left click. Now I must use the
center button like the original Athena lib. The pointer also get ugly...

Is this a bug, or something I have not set?