Re: problems with PCMCIA network card 3COM 3C589D

Hello Nico,

> however I just got a new shipment of 3Com Etherlink III 3C589D cards and
> these do not seem to be compatible at all.  Did anybody succeeded in getting
> these cards to function properly?

Mine is working perfectly....
I use Linux 2.0.29 with the packages :

pcmcia-cs    2.9.1-2
pcmcia-sourc 2.9.1-2

And, with these sources, I have compiled pcmcia modules for my kernel :

pcmcia-modul 2.9.1-2

I had to change the /etc/pcmcia/config file to add the support for the
3C589D (which is the same as the 3C589C) :

card "3Com 3c589D LAN Adapter"
  version "3Com Corporation", "3C589D"
  bind "3c589_cs"

Is your card recognized at boot? (it is perhaps a problem with the
adresses : see /etc/pcmcia/config.opts)

Sylvain.

Sylvain Briole                          | SysOp d'Eclice B.B.S.
EMail InterNet : sbriole@mail.dotcom.fr | +33-3-20137288
NetMail FidoNet : 2:322/20              | Lille - Nord - France
NetMail FrancoMedia : 101:176/114       |
Eclice sur I.R.C.                       |