Re: terminology/concept questions

    George> For me, I hate the C shell and like Korn or bash (bash is
    George> the second incarnation of the Bourne shell ... bash stands
    George> for Bourne again shell).

    George> You have the c shell (csh) the bourne shell (sh) bourne
    George> again shell (bash) the Korn shell (ksh) the restricted
    George> shell (rsh) the Z shell (zsh) and a lot more.

Okay, I have to take the opportunity here to mention two lesser known
shells that happen to be my favorites, rc - a UNIX port of the Plan9
command interpeter, and GNU Es, which is based on rc but adds a number
of enhancements.

Both are quite small and fast without sacrificing power or
flexibility, both have a nicely clean, easy to understand syntax
including a single quoting rule, and AFAIK Debian is the only
distributor to package either of them with the distribution. Thanks
much, foax..  :)

Anyhow. *ahem* I'll get offa my advocacy soapbox now. :)

--
 - Mark Powers ---------     "living inside the system is like riding
				through the countryside in a bus driven