Re: Second Ethernet Card

Hi,

Maybe I can help.

Check http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/3c509.html which talks about
Linux and 3com 3c5*9 Ethercards. I just got a new version of the 3c509 driver
for my card to get a fix for the 'Waiting for 3c509 to discard packet, status
2001.' nag some of you might have seen.

The page has a link to the 3c509.c file which has this in the comments:

 FIXES:
    Alan Cox:       Removed the 'Unexpected interrupt' bug.
    Michael Meskes: Upgraded to Donald Becker's version 1.07.
    Alan Cox:       Increased the eeprom delay. Regardless of
                    what the docs say some people definitely
                    get problems with lower (but in card spec) delays
    v1.10 4/21/97   Fixed module code so that multiple cards may be detected,
                    other cleanups.  -djb

The URL straight to the driver source is
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/3c509.c

// Heikki

Drazen Lalovic wrote:

> THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP. DO YOU KNOW THE PATCH NAME?
>
> THANKS,
> DRAZEN
>From: Philippe Troin
>To: Lalovic, Drazen