Re: help with dselect again plz

On 25-Jun-97 joost witteveen wrote:
>> Do you want to install the files fetched [y]:
>> Installing files...
>> (Reading database ... dpkg: error processing debian/stable/binary-i386/x11/fl
oat
>> bg_1.0-6.deb (--install):
>>  files list file for package `mgetty-fax' contains empty filename
>> Errors were encountered while processing:
>>  debian/stable/binary-i386/x11/floatbg_1.0-6.deb
>> Processing was halted because there were too many errors.
>> DPKG ERROR
>>
>> I'm not even sure what file I need to edit.
>
>Neighter am I. But it may well help if you try to install floatbg
>by hand: type
>
>  dpkg -i debian/stable/binary-i386/x11/floatbg_1.0-6.deb

I've done that, which made me try installing it via dselect, I perfer to
install by hand
>(where you'll probably have to edit the  true path to the binary).
>
>If that doesn't work, try to reinstall mgetty-fax, there appears
>to be something wrong there too (preferalby using the above "manual"
>method again).
>
>If eighter goes wrong, I'm sure we'll be able to help you better
>when you give us the error messages produced then. But probably
>all's well then

Same error message when I try install "any" deb
And I can't to find `mgetty-fax' on ftp.debian.org
I tried the search engine but it keeps timing out
but I think that I would get the same result
as the above error msg
reason being it happens when it starts reading the database..

Any and All Help is Very Welcome

Peter