Reply about fvwm2 window placement

In fvwm2 and now in afterstep, I have four different desktops.  I have my
xconsole window pop up in my upper-right hand corner desktop by having
this in my .Xdefaults:

*xconsole*geometry:             500x100+1500+0

You can achieve this by doing -geometry 500x100+1500+0 for your X
application.  I have this property in my .Xdefaults and then just have

xconsole &

in my .xinitrc.

Dennis