Re: libshadow.a ?

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Scott K. Ellis wrote:

> If I'm not mistaken, shadow support is built into both libc5 and libc6,
> and there is no need for a libshadow as the functions already are
> included.  The shadow support was merges into the default login and passwd
> packages.

I was unable to get shadow to work with NIS.  Has anybody succeeded in
doing so?

Doing an strace of login, it seems it doesn't follow the + in /etc/shadow.
I found the "Debian NIS installation guide" somewhere but it was of little
help; other resources are very much RedHat and NYS-based.

I haven't had the time yet to look through login's sources.  Has anybody
else had this problem, reported it as a bug yet, or better yet, even
managed to fix it? :-)

	-- Niels.