Re: pas16

Martien de Groot wrote:

>  I am new to Linux and am currently attempting to install the Debian
> 1.2.17 Linux Distribution.
>  I have successfully written the floppy disks and installed the base
> system. My problem is with the detection of my Pro Audio Spectrum 16
>  SCSI controller (= sound card) and the CDROM drive.

I have a pas16 card and chinon drive, I installed 1.2.10 with no
no special parameters/patches and no scsi cd problems.  I.e I only typed
return to the boot prompt.

Does your hardware work under DOS?

The device file is /dev/scd0 for me.

What kind, including what speed (I don't think the pas16 can go very
fast), of cdrom drive do you have?

If it might help, if you post your IRQ, DMA scsi port number, I
will try to compre with mine.