Re: more on scsi controllers

Use a standard kernel, like the rescue disk.

At the boot: prompt type

linux fdomain=0x230,11

If I'm wrong about the 'linux' correct me. I can't reboot right now to
verify that.

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Rick Hawkins wrote:

> > dir /proc/scsi
>

> > cat /proc/scsi/aha152x (in my case) give ioport, irq, and a whole bunch of
> > cool techie words.
>
> bash-2.00# dir /proc/scsi/
> scsi
> bash-2.00# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices: none
> bash-2.00# dir /proc/scsi/
> scsi
> bash-2.00# cat /proc/scsi/scsi
> Attached devices: none
> bash-2.00#
>
> > If nothing is there, then we need to help it along a bit.
>
> > The LILO argument is:
>
> > fdomain=<PORT_BASE>,<IRQ>[,<ADAPTER_ID>]
>
> but what do i use for fdomain?  or is fdomain literal?
> > Does the card have jumpers? Somebody on this list might have docs. In the
> > meantime I am looking for a spec on the www.
>
> I have port bases & irq's; they're actually labeled by the jumpers
> (0x230,11)
>
> rick
>

> --

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +