Re: more on scsi controllers

Looking at the kernel source, I would say try for the future domain first.
It should be supported by a standard Debian kernel as a built-in (not
modular) driver. Maybe if you're lucky it will autoprobe.

On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Nathan E Norman wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Jun 1997, Rick Hawkins wrote:
>
> :
> :After the hints so far, it's clear that eata 's error messages have to
> :do with using the same adresses as the second ide card (which is
> :installed).  However, those aren't the correct adressess.
> :
> :I actually have three scsi cards sitting here to choose from:
> :
> :1) the nec card, which, on closer look, claims to be a Trantor T160.  I
> :find T1x8 refferences in the howto, but no T160.
> :
> :2) a future domaine 1610, with TMX18XX chip (it really says XX).
>
> Don't know about either of these :/
>
> :3) an adaptec 1510, but it has a tiny external connector; we're still
> :trying to find the cable.
>
> I *do* know about these.  Throw it very, very far.  Adaptec makes great
> (IMHO) controolers these days, but this one sucks (as you can tell from
> the DB25 external connecter, I believe it is)
>
> I'd try 1) or 2) :)
>
> Somebody out there has to be using these things ...

+ Paul Wade                         Greenbush Technologies Corporation +
+ mailto:paulwade@greenbush.com              http://www.greenbush.com/ +