Re: Debian books

Well,  it seems to me that once debian is INSTALLED,  you administrate it
just like any other linux,  unix  or *nix system.  There are a few
quirks,  but it really isn't possible to say that one *nix is
_standard_,  so you might say they're _all_ unstandard.

	While I can understand that someone might want to have a "Debian
complete Manual",  I'm not sure it's possible.  Feel free to
contradict me here,  those who are close to the project.  What would you
put in a book?  Get them something like "Running Linux" and a copy of the
"network admin's guide" ...
	As frustrating as it sometimes is,  debian isn't a unified system
... it's a series of unified systems which all work together via the
dependancies.  Knowing where to find a particular file or how to
configure something is much less a matter of knowing which version of
Debian you have that it is of knowing,  for example,  which version of
the Xbase package you have.
	Maybe it'd be possible to have the package maintainers document
their packages more thoroughly,  and distribute those.

                     					Will

			        harpo@udel.edu
			       lowe@ecl.ude.edu
			http://www.ecl.udel.edu/~lowe/