Re: defrag

> I'm not certain, but I think it's unwise to run this command [fsck]
> on a mounted filesystem.  I usually run it from a rescue root disk
> if it's for my system's root partition.

It'll complain if the disk is mounted for write. You should be able to
boot from hard disk with the command "linux single" or "linux emergency".
I think both of these mount the root read-only. When the system boots
the root is read-only until after fsck runs, and then it is remounted
for write.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--