[no subject]

I'm getting " FATAL ERROR: Bad logical partition. Press any key to
exit fdisk" during installation.
The first partition on my hard drive hda1, I guess is not recognized
by fdisk or cfdisk within the
installation program (on resc floppy). This happen on option "B:
Partition a hard disk", for a Swap
partition.
The first partition is the boot manager by OS/2 and must be readonly.
Would this be a problem?
Is there any other way of installing Debian using floppy disks?

Thanks
Ali

----------

On Thu, 19 Jun 1997, Kharaghani, Ali wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Thank you for your prompt response. Actually I have problem
installing
> Debian. I go as far as the step
> to create a Linux Swap partition. And the cfdisk fails to work.

If you have a large hard disk, cfdisk won't work correctly.  Go to  a
virtual terminal with ctrl-F2 or ctrl-F3 and run fdisk instead.

Bob

-------
Bob Nielsen                Internet: nielsen@primenet.com
Tucson, AZ                 AMPRnet: w6swe@w6swe.ampr.org