Re: plip connection to laptop breaks after laptop disk powers down

At 04:29 PM 6/20/97 +0200, Gerd Bavendiek wrote:
>recently I connected my laptop B via PLIP to my Tower A at home. Both are
>running Debian 1.2 (Kernel 2.0.27).
>Everything works wells as long as the laptop's disk is busy. After 120
>sec been idle the disk is run down. This is the moment when the
>connection between Tower and laptop seems to be down.

It is not the disk, but the laptop going into sleep mode (I believe). Check
what IRQ's are able to bring the laptop out of sleep mode again, make sure
that /dev/lp? (IRQ 7 / 5, check your config) is one of those devices. Im
not quite sure, but try this :)

Geir
--
   \\\|///   	Geir Bjune - Student ved IFD,HiBu
 \\  ~ ~  //	http://home.sn.no/home/gbjune