Re: innd problem stopping news reading

"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes:

> innd is reporting a problem that also prevents it from allowing news-
> reading connections, thus:

[snip]

> Does anyone know what might be causing this? and why does it not allow
> connections as a result?

Try grepping the INN man pages for likely words.  You could also use
strace to find out what system calls precede the error, and maybe find
out what files are affected.

% strace -f -p 444

works for me.  Substitute your own INN's pid for 444.

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

       "Our mail program accidentally deleted our remove list."
						 - Real quote from UCE