Re: FAT 32

I don't think there's a .deb for fat32. However, see
http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/people/chaffee/fat32.html for info about Linux and
fat32.

A friend of mine patched his kernel and has had no complaints about it so far.
If you decide to go for a custom kernel, check kernel-package in the misc
section. The instructions how to build a kernel with it can be found from
/usr/doc/kernel-package.

When you have your fat32 aware kernel up and running, the filesystem type for
mount is vfat. Try something like 'mount -tvfat /dev/fat32partition
/mnt/fat32'. At least that's what my friend said :)

compwiz wrote:

> I just upgraded my FAT 16 partition to FAT32, but now I can't mount it in
> Linux, be the filesystem is unknown. Is there a package or module that
> will let me  mount my partionion?
> Thanks.

// Heikki
--
Heikki Vatiainen                  * hessu@cs.tut.fi
Tampere University of Technology  * Tampere, Finland