Syslogd hangs

I dont know if it has been on the list before, but here goes...
On Debian 1.2(.8, i believe) I have gotten some trouble with syslog
crashing and wreaking general havoc on CPU / RAM (Pentium 90 with 8MB RAM)

Is there another solution than the one I'm using now

-fixproblem.sh
killall -9 syslogd
syslogd

:)

--
   \\\|///          	Geir Bjune - Student ved IFD,HiBu
 \\  ~ ~  //	      	http://home.sn.no/home/gbjune