Re: Help configuring rlogin

Scott Smith (ssmith@debian1.sssys.com) wrote:

: I am trying to remote login between two linux boxes - but I don't think
: that the server is set up properly (there is no rlogind in the services
: file).  How do I go about configuring the server so that I can rlogin from
: a remote host.  Scott :-}

Did you create a file called .rhosts in the home directory of the machine
you are trying to rlogin to? Put in that file the name of the machine
you are trying to rlogin from.

The server should be configured correctly already. The server is started
by inetd so its configuration is in /etc/inetd.conf, not in /etc/services.

The Network Administrators Guide by Olaf Kirch has a good section on the
'r' commands. You'll find the NAG at Sunsite.

Good luck.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris