Re: TeTex-Problem

Though I have yet to upgrade to TeTeX myself, I encountered this
problem when I installed the old latex packages.

As root, go to /usr/lib/texmf/ini (or the TeTeX equivalent) and, if
there's a makefile there you can just type 'make' but otherwise type
'initex latex.initex'.  This will create a latex.fmt which is the
default format file it's looking for.

On Jun 15, 11:06pm, Gernot wrote:
} Subject: TeTex-Problem
| Im having a problem with the tetex-packages. I upgraded from Debian 1.2
| to 1.3 and have now TeTex installed (not the normal latex-packages
| anymore...). Now I cant compile my files anymore. I always get:
|
| > mother:~/Uni> latex document.tex
| > This is TeX, Version 3.14159 (C version 6.1)
| > I can't find the default format file!
| > mother:~/Uni>

}-- End of excerpt from Gernot

--
               Max Stevens   jomstevens@uwaterloo.ca
          Max is a sagittarius but Max's family owns a taurus.