Re: Debian woes

> It might perhaps help if you explained where exactly the problems were,
> how you tried to install, what didn't work, etc. Your problem is rather
> vauge as it stands.

I agree.  One thing that has gotten me into trouble when attempting to
install Debian is selecting too many things at the initial dselect screen.

My current method is to go over the default dselect screen in
"remove-only" mode where I am looking for things I do NOT need, remove
them, and install these default items first.  Then I re-run dselect to get
the other things I need. Again, I will sometimes do this in sections. net,
devel, etc. usually saving X for the last run.

Then finally I go back and put everything on hold "=" so that it does not
try to upgrade something that I have forgotten about when I run dselect
again in the future.

George Bonser
grep@oriole.sbay.org, grep@concentric.net