help with man pages

	I have installed Debian 1.3 and have a problem to see man
pages. If I try to see any man page (e.g man man), I can only see
the following :

	> man man
	Reformatting man(1), please wait...

and the screen remains blank. After pressing CTR+C, I get my Linux
prompt back.

If I go into  /usr/man/man1 and execute

	zcat man.1.gz | groff -man | less

I get what I would like to see when I type "man man".

Also, the following may help: when I started the installation, I did
not have "interpreters". After fixing "interpreters" (perl, gcc, etc.)
I have still error messages related to tetex.

Any idea how to tackle this problem is very much appreaciated.

thanks

Frank

frank@sparc.nic.bc.ca