Re: Screen grabbers?

On Sat, 14 Jun 1997, joost witteveen wrote:

> > I need to be able to grab some images off of an X windows session. I
> > remember hearing hints that xv could do this, but I can't find any
> > information on the subject.
> > Can someone point me in the right direction?
> Xv, click right mouse to get controls, click "grab" button just above
> "Quit" (Quit's in on the bottum, to the right), then you'll get another
> window, and click "grab" again: Now you can just click on any window
> you want to be grabbed.

Thanks to all who replied. This is what I was looking for.

The reason I couldn't find it: I had an old version of xv that referenced
docs in a package I didn't have. When I figured this out, upgrading to the
newer version got me the docs and I was able to read the fine manual and
obtain the answer given above.

Works great, but seems to have some limits. I can't quite get the whole
screen in the selection box and get an image. Once I shrink the size of
the selection box sufficiently it creates an image. What determins the
size limitation?

Thanks again for all the quick replies!

This list is the greatest!

Dwarf