Big Problem in upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3

     I have a machine that I was using on my net here and I upgraded
it from 1.2 to 1.3 over the last couple of days.  When I rebooted
this morning the machine came back up with my old 2.0.27 kernel but I
can't get an aliased address on the ethernet port.  The reason that
it is a big problem is that the machine is temporarily acting as a
router between 2 subnets that happen to be running on the same
ethernet cable.  Once I get my filtering gateway running correctly it
won't be a problem because these subnets will actually be split but
until then I'm in real trouble.