securing my X server

Pardon me,

I have Debian 1.3 installed, and are trying to start
the X server with

   /usr/bin/X11/xinit -auth $HOME/.Xauthority

This works ... .  But when I provide the remote host,
a Sparc machine running solaris 2.5, with my magic
cookie (xauth add $DISPLAY . xxxxx cookie xxxxxxxx)
and execute, say, "xterm &", I got the message

   Xlib: connection to "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0" refused by server
   Xlib: Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key
   Error: Can't open display: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:0.0

at the remote machine.  What am I doing wrong here?

Could it be that the script I use to generate the
magic cookie not usable on a Debian system?  I found
it at

   http://cc-toolkit.crd.ge.com/tkxauth/bet-1.txt

There was a mention about non-portability but I am
not totally sure if it is the case here.  Maybe the
knowledgeables can check this out for us.

Does anyone has workable script then?  I am aware
that xdm is suppose to run a secure X server.  Is
this script already sitting on my machine?  Where
can I find it?  I ready don't wish to run xdm.

Thank you in advance!

HenSiong