Re: dnload using telnet ?

I saw several "no" answers.  But it really depends on your telnet CLIENT.
When at work I use a telnet client under windows 95 that supports file
RECEIVE with XMODEM, YMODEM, YMODEM-G, ZMODEM, and KERMIT.  It won't
transmit files back though.  What's nice, is that it supports auto zmodem.
 I just use the command 'sz filename' in the terminal and it starts
sending.  This client sees the ZMODEM signature and starts receiving.

The client is called SimpTerm for win32 (I think it will also work under
win 3.11 w/win32s) version 0.9.4 -- copyright 1993, 94, 95 Jianqing Hu.

Filename sptn3209.zip 120K.  I got it off of software.com.

On 13 Jun 97,  Salil Khamkar wrote regarding:
__ dnload using telnet ? __

> Hi ,
> Is it possible to dnload a file after telneting to a machine ?? Not thru
> a comm program but from the shell prompt . Bye Salil

> ----- Saleel Khamkar                               |
>                                              |  Snail Mail :
> Email Address : salil@giaspn01.vsnl.net.in   |  Pushkaraj,Lane No. 9,
>                 salil@iname.com              |  Dahanukar Colony,