Re: Best e-mail approach for discon. sites

> Do what all us poor smucks who have only part-time dial-up connections do:
> configure smail with smart_host=<main server> and queue_only, and
> run smail -q from ip-up.

   John, I've got a quick question for you.  I'm running smail with Debian
1.3 and am using a similar part-time dial-up dynamic ISP link with diald.

   I have a smart_host defined in /etc/smail/routers which was done by
Debian's smailconfig, but I'm unsure how to add the queue_only portion.
Right now, diald starts its dialing as soon as I save a message and it
amounts to a 30 second or wait until the message is sent.  I'd love to
queue outgoing messages up and have ip-up send them off with a smail -q
command but looking through the man page and /usr/doc/smail/guide/config I
cannot find anything about this queue_only option.  Where should it go and
where can I find some more info on it?

                          | Debian GNU/ __      o
 Regards,                 |            / /     _  _  _  _  _ __  __
 (redwards@together.net)  |      ...because lockups are for convicts...