Re: web documentation

On Jun 10, Paul Wade wrote
> On Tue, 10 Jun 1997, Bruce Perens wrote:
>
> > From: Paul Wade <paulwade@greenbush.com>
> > > The apache/dwww/lynx combo doesn't need X.
> >
> > Try using "boa" instead of apache. It's _much_ smaller, and faster
> > than apache. However, "lynx" itself can execute CGI scripts, and doesn't
> > really need a server to run "dwww".
>
> I'll give boa a try. Will it mess up anything on a system that has apache
> installed?

I actually just did this yesterday, and I highly recommend it! The only
thing you ought to watch out for is that unless Apache is dead before you
upgrage, boa won't start. I was running it from inetd anyway, so it was a
little more complicated, but you can probably just remove apache before
starting boa and it'll all be fine. Either that, or just run
/etc/init.d/boa start once you've removed apache.

&E

--
Andy Mortimer, andy.mortimer@poboxes.com
http://www.poboxes.com/andy.mortimer