Re: web documentation

Quoting Paul Wade (paulwade@greenbush.com):
> I will also investigate the use of lynx directly with CGI. I hope that you
> are hinting at something I need: If I run lynx as root and execute an
> 'adduser' CGI script that cannot be executed by others, then I will start
> writing a whole buncha sysadmin CGI.

Hmm. You want to have people run a web browser as root and run cgi
scripts with root privilage. Please don't make this a default. I
can't think of any way to make this secure. It would be better
to hack together some kind of front end, or hack lynx into some
kind of dedicated engine. The possibilities for accidents are
too great if you run the scripts directly from lynx.

--
  /       \ / ___/ Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI