Re: Initial installation

Robert Kerr writes:
 > 	I got my system to where it will boot up into Debian 1.3 and I
 > can even run dselect.  I want to be able to use dpkg-ftp, but I have to
 > set up my internet connection before I can do that, right?  I've looked
 > through the FAQ and the installation guide, but couldn't find anything
 > there to help me with this.  Could someone point me in the right
 > direction or send a short walk-through on how to get my connection set up
 > so I can at least run dselect and get things working?

There is a ppp options file and a chatscript in /etc/ that you have to
edit.  After that, you can type `pon', and it should connect, provided
you enter the right info during network configuration.

Pretty much all you have to do is set your phone number and password,
and the right ttySx line for your modem.

--
Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg