sendmail, procmail, slocal, mh folders

Well, I've been playing with exmh and really like it so I decided to go wild and convert all my mailbox folders to mh folders.  I've been using procmail (installed in sendmail as the local delivery agent) to do my filtering and presorting.  Worked great with mailbox format folders, but less than stellar with mh format folders.  I can get it to store the files in the right directories no problem, but it doesn't seem to ever be recognized by exmh as new mail.  Exmh sees the messages just fine, but they're marked as already read.

So, I decided to try out slocal.  I created a .forward file that looks like:
"| /usr/lib/mh/slocal -user braddr"
as well as
"| /usr/lib/mh/slocal -user braddr || exit 75"

In both cases when mail hit slocal it just sat there and eventually it got marked Deferred by sendmail.

My .maildelivery file looks like:
To debian-user@lists.debian.org  | ? "/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore -create +lists/debian"
To inet-access@earth.com         | ? "/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore -create +lists/inet-access"
To linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu | ? "/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore -create +lists/kernel"
To linuxisp@friendly.jeffnet.org | ? "/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore -create +lists/linuxisp"
default -                        | ? "/usr/lib/mh/rcvstore -create +inbox"

and .mh_profile:
draft-folder: drafts
unseen-sequence: unseen

One definite problem that I noticed is that slocal seems to be changing the ownernship on /var/spool/mail/braddr to braddr.braddr instead of braddr.mail with the perms of 664 and procmail (still the default delivery agent) complained about those permissions.

Given that there are so many package involved, I decided to take procmail out of the loop and just use deliver as the MDA, but that didn't make slocal called from my .forward file work any better.  I suspect its mostly the permissions issues with slocal.

Please respond directly to me, and I'll summarize the problems to the list when this is resolved.

For the record, at the moment I'm back to having procmail as both the MDA and the filter, so its a little hard for me to tell what mail is new in each of the filtered folders, but atleast they're filtered.

Thanks,
Brad