Re: Best e-mail approach for discon. sites

> > This is EXACTLY the environment that UUCP was designed to operate in.
>
> My apologies then. Now it seems to me this was a dumb question :-)
>
> I'll start digging in how to configure my Debian boxes and sendmail
> to do the trick.

But times have changed a lot since the days when the only way (for normal
people) to connect machines was a direct modem link. You may want to
keep at least one machine somewhere with a full-time internet link
so you can accept smtp from the rest of the world (or use someone's
service for this).  If you have that, you may want your remote machines
to dial up a local internet provider and do uucp over tcp to pick up
their batched mail instead of making long distance calls directly to
the other machines.  It is a bit more complicated to set this up but
you can also use it for other internet activity.

Les Mikesell
  les@mcs.com