Re: INIT: no more processes left in this runlevel

Nope, that message is not normal. It points to a problem in /etc/inittab,
I think. The file probably got truncated or something. Try booting with
the command line flag "single". If the root is not mounted read-write,
get it so by "mount -o remount /". Find the base/sysvinit package, and
reinstall it with "dpkg -i sysvinit*.deb". Reboot. See if that fixes it.

The open try is from the system probing for disks to partition, and finding
your CD drive, which is open. It's generally harmless. My opinion is that
the kernel CD driver should not complain about this.

	Thanks

	Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502