Newbie upgrading

Hi !

I am a happy user of Debian-linux 1.2. So far I have regularly updated my
system via dselect by ftp. However, I am not sure about how to upgrade to
1.3. I have two questions about it.

1. From the announcement notes it seems that I should upgrade first
libc5 5.4.20-1 -> 5.4.23-6
ldso  1.10-1   -> 1.10-2
dpkg-ftp is up-to-date
and once done, upgrade the usual way via dselect. Is it right or is it
possible to upgrade it all directly with dselect?

2. I do not know how to make a boot disk. In fact, I have NT installed on
my first HD and Linux on the second one. Instead of getting LILO
installed, I decided to start with boot disks. I would be very grateful if
I could get some help with LILO too.

Thanks in advance

Miguel A.

Sorry if my questions seem obvious.