Re: Non-interactive modem hangup

On 7 Jun 1997, John Goerzen wrote:

> Just killing pppd will do it unless your modem isn't set up properly.

Then my modem isn't set up properly.  I got a private email mentioning
something about how the modem should automatically hangup once DTR is
dropped, which happens if "modem" is given as an option to pppd.  It is in
my case, so the problem lies with my modem.

I've got a Hayes Accura 144B + FAX, so once I dig up the manual I'll come
back to the list with my solution.

--
G. Branden Robinson
Purdue University