Re: debian 1.3 upgrade: my first success with one minor problem

"James D. Freels" <fea@fea.rrd.ornl.gov> writes:

[snip]

> dpkg --remove lesstif-bin
>
> (Reading database ... 11943 files and directories currently installed.)
> Removing lesstif-bin ...
> dpkg: error processing lesstif-bin (--remove):
>  subprocess pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
>  lesstif-bin
>
> If there is not an easy fix for this, I'll post it as a bug.

It's probably a bug anyway, but my easy fix would be:

    mv /var/lib/dpkg/info/lesstif-bin.prerm /tmp  # Just in case
    echo '#!/bin/true' > /var/lib/dpkg/info/lesstif-bin.prerm

--
                Carey Evans  <*>  c.evans@clear.net.nz

	    "Lies, damn lies, and computer documentation."