Re: Stupid Question: Striping Dos ^M From Texts

On Thu, 5 Jun 1997, Curt Howland wrote:

> Somewhere in the dank recesses of my mind, I recall a utility that
> would strip the extra ^M's from a text file copied to a unix
> box. Well, it seems that Linux also considers these ^M's extranious,
> is there such a standard utility or do I have to digeven deeper to
> remember sed/awk/grep commands?  :^>

dos2unix infile > outfile
or:
fromdos infile > outfile
or:
tr -d "\013"
(in csh clones, it seems like \013 works ; but you may also try Ctrl-V
Ctrl-M).

Vadik.

--
Vadim Vygonets * vadik@cs.huji.ac.il * vadik@debian.org * Unix admin
The fish doesn't think, because the fish knows...  everything.