Re: Broken nethack?

Scott K. Ellis:
> It appears that that was a wierd glitch in the upgrade, purging and
> re-installing nethack fixed that for me when I encountered it.

I think I've found the cause of the problem. It only happens if you upgrade
nethack. Looking at the nethack postinst:

chown root.games /var/lib/games/nethack /var/lib/games/nethack/save
chmod 775 /var/lib/games/nethack/save /var/lib/games/nethack/save
                                ^^^^^

The marked section should be deleted. The postinst isn't fixing the perms on
/var/lib/games/nethack, and it should.

--
see shy jo