Re: ISP conn.

On Tue, 3 Jun 1997, Dave Cinege wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jun 1997 14:09:40 -0500 (CDT), Timothy Phan wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >  I've tried EXACT procedure described in the ISP-Hookup-HOWTO
> >  and I failed to connect to my ISP from the Debian/Linux box.
>
> chat is looking for name:
> Your ISP is sending Login:
>
> Edit your /etc/ppp.chatscript to reflect this.

 You might want to try connecting to your ISP with a terminal emulator
like minicom or seyon, and writing down the exact login sequence. Then
edit your chatscript with this fresh knowledge in mind. My ISP, for
example, asks for a username, a password, and then presents a menu to
select terminal or PPP connection, so I look for "name:", "ogin:", AND
"umber:".

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles      (248) 377-7735       ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

 "A rainbow is not *degraded* by having arisen from 'mere' physical
   processes. Physical processes are *ennobled* by giving rise to
                           such beauty." - Me