Re: Glitches during stable -> frozen transition

> Hi,
> thanks for the message
>
> On Mon, 26 May 1997, Jim Pick wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 26 May 1997 10:22:04 -0700
> > From: Jim Pick <jim@jimpick.com>
> > To: storm@gate.net
> > Cc: Oleg Krivosheev <kriol@FNAL.GOV>, debian-user@lists.DEBIAN.org
> > Subject: Re: Glitches during stable -> frozen transition

> > > Wierd, I thought they fixed that.  The problem may be that /proc isn't
> > > mounted until later in the boot process.  Do you have a /proc entry in
> > > /etc/fstab?
> >
> > He probably didn't choose to replace /etc/init.d/boot when asked.  It's
>
> no, i didn't...
> I was asked to replace ~10 ini/rc/startup files and said NO to all.
> Better reinstall again?

Actually, you should probably have a /etc/init.d/boot.dpkg-dist file
if you selected NO.  You can just copy this file over top of
/etc/init.d/boot  (But you might want to check to make sure you don't
wipe out any of your modifications, if you made any)

Cheers,

 - Jim