Type1 fonts for X11

I recently installed Staroffice on my Debian computer. I found a problem,
which is caused by Debian, not by StarOffice. When I start a screen
presentation with star draw, it uses large X fonts, which look ugly, because
they are zoomed pixel fonts. As far as I know, there are Type1 fonts available
for Linux as well. Are there such fonts contained in any package?

If yes, please add this question to faq because many people willrun in this
problem. Otherwise I would suggest to provide such a package.

If this problem is solved in 1.3, please send me an e-mail, and ignore the
mail.

Thanks.
--
Rainer Dorsch