3com driver (v0.40 in 2.0.30)

Hello ALL,

	As Debian-1.3 is comming soon, I would like to know if there
is some problem with the 3com (vortex 3c59x) driver in debian?
	I have seen a lot of problems been reported in linux-vortex
list and I'm afraid of upgrading my kernel to 2.0.30 as 1.3 is released.
	Will v0.40 be released with 1.3? Could I use my old version
if sthg goes wrong? Some ideas/experiences?

thanks

[]s,
   Mario O.de Menezes                 mailto:mario@curiango.ipen.br
 | Nuclear and Energetic Research Institute - IPEN-CNEN/SP  BRAZIL |
 |                     http://curiango.ipen.br/~mario              |
     "There will be a day when every PC on the world will be a"
               "host, not a 'MyComputer'!" - mom